Tuesday 23 April 2013

Korean eating habits

Hi guys! I wanna post about Korean eating habits.
I want to introduce usual Korean meal firstly.



Korean eat this typed 3 meals a day at home usually. We usually eat rice and soup for each people and share various side dishes with family or friends. In this picture, there is Bibimbap which is served as a bowl of warm white rice topped with sauteed and seasoned vegetables and chili pepper paste instead of rice. I love bibimbap and especially Dolsot bibimbap which is served in a very hot stone bowl in which a raw egg is cooked against the sides of the bowl.
That was our usual meal, actually home version. From now, I am gonna tell you about favourite food which Korean people enjoy to eat out.

This is called Samgyupsal!!
This is pork belly meat and we usually eat this at barbecue party as well. And commonly we also grilled sliced raw onions, galic, mushrooms and kimchi with meat. We have common way to eat this. It is to place this grilled pork in vegetables like lettuce and sesame leaf with some cooked rice and special paste and to roll it up in the leaf and eat it.

Lastly, I am gonna tell you about some midnight snack.
When we feel hungry at late time, we usually call delivery for some food like chicken, pizza, bossam which is steamed or roasted pork.

To here, I told you guys Korean eating habit and I will post some korean food recipe that I can make later.
I am gonna show you short video about bibimbap, which I mentioned shortly before, ad. This was made for NY Times Square. Enjoy it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment